Re: Loading Fedora - video signal goes out of limits for my monitor/card combo

Harley Stack wrote:

Hello,

I downloaded and tried to install FEDORA on a old SONY VAIO PII circa 1998.

The graphical and non-graphical install process does something I have never seen during a Linux Install.

As soon as the basic vga graphics start to kick during the very beginning of the install process. The monitor goes black and I get a SIGNAL out of LIMITS message on the screen. This is part of the monitor firmware functions. It is a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 19 inch Flat screen CRT monitor. Works great in windows XP on same box and other PC's - I use a KVM switch.

All of my linux experience is with Redhat versions. Any suggestions. The video card is a on-Board MGA-G200 AGP card - or that is what windows XP reports it is.

Can I preload a driver for this?

Any suggestions -except "buy a new card" welcome. This card or card fa,miliy at least is on the list of redhat supported hardware.

Thanks

Harley Stack

Atlanta Ga

Tackle the problem later - get Linux installed first. Use text mode.

Regards,
Ed.