Hello,

I downloaded and tried to install FEDORA on a old SONY VAIO PII circa 1998.

The graphical and non-graphical install process does something I have never seen during a Linux Install.

As soon as the basic vga graphics start to kick during the very beginning of the install process. The monitor goes black and I get a SIGNAL out of LIMITS message on the screen. This is part of the monitor firmware functions. It is a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 19 inch Flat screen CRT monitor. Works great in windows XP on same box and other PC's - I use a KVM switch.

All of my linux experience is with Redhat versions.  Any suggestions. The video card is a on-Board MGA-G200 AGP card - or that is what windows XP reports it is.

Can I preload a driver for this?

Any suggestions -except "buy a new card" welcome. This card or card fa,miliy at least is on the list of redhat supported hardware.

Thanks

Harley Stack

Atlanta Ga

Find the music you love on MSN Music. Start downloading now!