FC3: Gnome, Applications Menu, panel properties not modifiable

I installed the Mozilla Web Browser but didn't find a launcher entry
in the Gnome Desktop when I clicked on Applications --> Internet. So
I did some searching, located the file
/usr/share/applications/mozilla.desktop and changed the parameter
"NoDisplay=true" to "NoDisplay=false". That fixed the problem with
Mozilla not appearing in the menu. I noticed, after making the change, that the controls in all of the panels within the Applications Menu are disabled. For example, when I right-click on "Firefox Web Browser" and select Properties the controls in the Basic and Advanced tabs of the Launcher Properties box are all greyed-out/disabled. All of the launchers in the Applications Menu are similarly effected. With FC2 Firefox and Mozilla were both visible in the Internet folder and I was able to change icons, descriptions, etc. What changed in FC3 and what do I need to change to get this feature back?

Thanks,