Re: Speaking of Fedora being behind....

Scott wrote:
How about OpenOffice.org?

Fedora Core 3 was released with OpenOffice.org 1.1.2

The latest release of OpenOffioce is 1.1.3 (http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.3/release_notes_1.1.3.html ) and this was weeks before FC 3 was released. We've still not seen an update..

I think weeks might be a little too soon for it to make it into a Fedora Core release. I do think that about two months should warrant it, considering the Fedora Core releases are done two to three times a year.

There are about a bazillion bug fixes in 1.1.3..

They better be very important bugs, otherwise The Fedora Project will ignore you. Up2Date has had awful problems for all three releases and they haven't been fixed yet. The Apt compatibility is basically useless. I doubt that there are any security issues with Open Office since it's not a Microsoft product. ;-)

I'd have upgraded myself but I like the integration you get with Fedora's version.

You could always try making your own RPM. I've had to do it before. It also give you the opportunity to compile it for your specific architecture for better performance.

Peace,
William