Re: FC3: Fedora updates

Markku Kolkka ha scritto/wrote il giorno/on 29/11/2004 00:12:

antonio montagnani kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai, 28. marraskuuta 2004 23:08):

A question connected to /var/spool/up2date that contains a
huge list of *.hdr files. (about 6000 in my case).
what is the policy about these files, i.e. which files can be
deleted safely???

If up2date isn't currently running, you can safely delete everything in /var/spool/up2date. The next run of up2date will take longer as the files get reloaded.

Maybe a stupid question: when you say that up2date isn't currently running means that I have not started it by the red icon on my panel???
And a more serious question: why so many files are in my directory (that contains updates from FC1 through FC2 and FC3)?? no automatic deletion of older headers??

tnx for help

--

Antonio M.

Working with  Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3
    Uso Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3
		www.montagnani.org