Re: OT: Power Supplies

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 08:14 -0800, RoboticGolem wrote:
> > As I said in my earlier post I had a cheap UPS and an APC, the cheap one
> > burn up P-U ! But the APC was fine.  The reason I mentioned your grid is
> > my brother-in-law is an electrician back in Philly and once told me
> > homes are nothing, do you know how much juice it takes to push a train?
> > Stadium lights?
> >
> > On a OT I'm in Seattle and the baseball stadium roof retracts, yes it
> > dose rain here all the time.  But they check the weather report first,
> > because of the thousands of dollars it costs to pull the roof back and
> > forth.  BTW we all voted NO to the 1/2 bil. to build it, but somehow it
> > got built.  I said I'd never go in that place, but try to tell a 7 YO
> > boy you can't see a baseball game because Daddy is making a political
> > statement, I went.  Nice place, but it should be for what we paid!
> >

> > Tim...
> > --
> > Shameless plug for my
> > brother-in-laws Irish band
> > http:/www.tmpco.com/immortals.html
> >
> > --
> >

> WHoa, didnt even think of that...  I'm 2 blocks from a college, 2
> blocks from their stadium and a block and a half from the train that
> runs between them.  =/
>
> -Matt

My brother-in-law worked at a small college, no stadium, and they got
their power directly from Pennsylvania Powers main line.  It may be like
someone flushing the toilet while your in the shower.  There's only so
much power that can run through the service for the area, and he who has
the biggest pipe wins :-)  Not to mention biggest bill.

Tim...