Re: How to configure CUPS

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

The easiest way is to point your browser at localhost:631, log into
cups and follow your nose.

ehmm. did you actually say the word "easy". this is by no means userfriendly

Neither is a nice, simple tool that auto-comments this line:

application/octet-stream

in /etc/cups/mime.types so that I have to manually edit the file every time I make a configuration change or discover that Windows apps no longer print to cups via samba. (Whichever comes first. :-()