Re: Acrobat Reader plugin on FC3

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 12:27:08PM +0000, WipeOut wrote:
> fredex wrote:
>
> >On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 10:52:20AM +0000, WipeOut wrote:
> >

> >>How can I get Acrobat reader working in Firefox?
> >>
> >>I have installed Acroread 5.0.9-2.1 (which I think came from Dag's repo)
> >>but I can't find the plugin for Firefox..
> >>
> >>Thanks for any help..
> >>

> >wherever the acrobat directory tree is installed (on my box it is in
> >/usr/local/Acrobat5) there is a subdirectory "Browsers/intellinux"
> >and inside that dir is nppdf.so. Copy that file to the plugins directory
> >under your firefox installation, restart firefox, and voila!
> >
> >Fred
> >

> My Acrobat Reader install doesn't seem to have the nppdf.so file.. :(
>
> Is there another repo or RPM of Acrobat Reader somewhere?

I downloaded it directly from Adobe. It's not an RPM, but that's not
a huge deal for me.... [later] hmm... I see that I DO have an RPM of it,
so maybe there IS an RPM there.

Be aware, though, that I'm not running Fedora at the moment (Taolinux),
so your mileage may vary.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked