Re: Why no /proc/config.gz on FC-3 kernel?

Dave Jones wrote:

>  > I just noticed that the official FC-3 kernel (linux-2.6.8-667)
>  > doesn't output /proc/config.gz .
>  > I wonder why not?
>
> the same reasons that it wasnt when this came up 2-3 days
> ago on this list.  We already ship the config in /boot
> Putting it into /proc wastes memory for no good reason
> for every user.

OK, I see it is there. Thanks.

I still think it would be better to follow the Linux standard,
as decided presumably by Linus Torvalds,
with config.gz accessible in /proc .

However, that is not an important issue (to me).

Sorry I missed it before on the list -
but one would have to devote one's life completely to Fedora
to read everything in this newsgroup/mailing-list.
The config issue only arose for me an hour ago,
so I would not have noted it earlier as something to remember.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366