Re: LCD Monitors and Fedora

Hi Patrick,

I am about to dive into the LCD Monitor world and I was curious how many
of you use LCD Monitors with FC3?

I'm using it sometimes with a Samsung SyncMaster 191T.

Electronics L1710BK 17" LCD Monitor.  I noticed that this model was not
in the list of monitors to choose from in the list in Display Settings.
Most likely it would be a Generic LCD Monitor I would have to choose.
Now, would I be at any disadvantage by choosing this?  Every CRT Monitor
I have had has always been recognized and I have never had to use a
Generic setting.  So, just curious if I would be better off looking for
a different model or is choosing Generic perfectly alright?  Thank you
for your time.

I've never had problems with my SyncMaster. Not with Linux, nor with OpenBSD or FreeBSD. The only thing I consider important is to get the Monitor frequencies from your vendor (mostly mentioned in technical specs). With these it is easy to tweak your xorg.conf so that it will work just fine with your LCD.

 -volker