FC3 vs. Epson Stylus Color 860

I'm running FC3 with an Epson Stylus Color 860. I set this printer up using the printer configuration tool. When I try to print a test page I get nothing but gibberish. I'm using the recommended gimp-print-ijs driver but all of the other drivers give the same result. I've tried checking and unchecking the "Prerender Postscript" and "Convert Text to Postscript" options to no effect. I believe all of the relevant rpms are installed:

rpm -qa | grep cups:
hal-cups-utils-0.5.2-8
cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.8
cups-libs-1.1.22-0.rc1.8