Re: Multibooting

Paul Howarth wrote:

Satish Balay wrote:

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Satish Balay wrote:

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Paul Howarth wrote:

So, when a new kernel is to be added, how does grubby know whether to add an
entry with "root=LABEL=/" or "root=LABEL=/1"?

[snip]

So it grabs the 'root' partition from /etc/fstab - and uses it. So the
correct root-label is always used when kernel gets updated. (i.e no
problem with this scheme :) )

As Obi-wan Kenobi would have said, "Use the source, Luke" ;-)

This looks quite a nice, neat solution, but who's going to try it out...?

I considered doing this (one /boot partition ) a few weeks ago with Rawhide + FC-test, but I didn' t do it because I was concerned about what would happen when unistalling kernels with the same name but installed from different installations. Since the Fedora kernel naming scheme is different now, maybe it doesn't matter anymore. I'll have to check that too.

Regards,
Ricardo Veguilla