Re: Removing KDE

Tom Coburn wrote:

yeah really,  KDE SUCKS!!! get rid of it redhat!!

anyone who likes KDE might as well run WIndows, it just SUCKS.

run  XFCE,    or even tvm or icevm or something.

gnome is ok but still rather slow.. me personally I can't live without XFCE.
and KDE is just...wrong... too much like windows, crashes the whole
system too often and is too memory hog intensive... just get rid of
it,
it sucks...

Whoooa.. Slow down a little, will you? I for one **love** KDE, and would rather not change back to gnome, if given the option. Actually, I only installed gnome because I want all the programs to work well, and I was afrais something could go wrong without it. And I don't even like M$ Windows!

The reason I use KDE is because I find its interface more intuitive and user friendly, although I know this is a matter of taste. However, if you think this is too much like windows, I suggest you go back to "command line only" interfaces, because I bet the tendency even with gnome is to become more and more user friendly and intuitive every new version.--

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University