Re: Serial terminal emulator

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:07:56PM +0100, Jakub Roguski wrote:
> I very often have to configure devices, which use serial port and null-modem
> cable for communication. I'm looking for the most comfortable solution of
> VT100 terminal emulator running over serial port on FC3. I tried minicom, but
> would like something easier to use. Any idea? Maybe a way to use linux
> terminal together with serial port? Or simple VT100 emulator using serial?

The problem is that terminal emulation on Linux is not done like it is
on Windows.  In Windows, it's done by the application.  In Linux, it's
done in the tty.  You do do some googling for xterm and vt100 and
probably find quite a few hits on how can set this up to work for you.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA