Re: yum gripes (Was: Re: yum vs. apt)

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 11:29 +1100, Steffen Kluge wrote:
> Alternatively, if someone could suggest a way of using external
> downloaders with yum, I'd give that a try.

Since I have multiple machines to maintain, I have my own mirror of the
updates repository and I point yum at that rather than have each machine
download individually off the Internet. This approach could also help
you, though you'll most likely be downloading updates you don't need as
well as the ones that you do need.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>