Gmail account and this mailinglist

To all who follow this list by getting the mails through a Gmail account
and who mail with it here.

It seems that GMail - which appears to be popular among the subscribers
- is setting the sender email address automatically too as the reply-to
address, though this is not necessary. It even leads to the fact that
when replying to list mails by Gmail account users the answer goes both
to the list (which is made reply-to address by the list manager
software) as well to the GMail account. I am receiving more and more
answers to my replies to Gmail account users directly to my personal
address, rather than the mail should have been addressed to the list. It
is ok for me to get personal mail, as long as I do not have the
impression that it should be list subject. So Gmail account users please
pay attention when continuing conversion of a list debate that the
recipient of your mail is the list and not someone who replied to your
list mail. This is valid too for others having set their sender address
explicitly as their reply-to address. Btw. such a setting is not
necessary if both addresses do not differ and is even contra productive.
Unfortunately Gmail users can't change that setting I guess.

Thanks for attention.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 03:53:09 up 3 days, 22:40, load average: 0.02, 0.12, 0.29