Re: FC3 Install Problems

Dan wrote:
> I have one machine which mostly refuses to install FC3. The install
> kernel does not even start.
>
> ASUS P4S 333 Mobo
> Celeron 1.7GHz
> 512MB Ram
> Sil PCI PATA "RAID" Controller
> Sony CDRW
> Various Hard Drives
>
> CDROM fails to boot. Ive tried:

What is the CDRom attached to? The motherboard ATA ports or the Sil
ones?

How about the boot hard drive?

Have you tried putting both CD and hard drives on the motherboard ATA
ports for installation?

Does anything come up on screen: do you even reach the syslinux splash
screen (which technically comes before the kernel is loaded)?

> I can boot MS DOS and Windows 98 from CDROM on the same machine without
> issue. FC1 was previously installed and Redhat 9 before that.

Is that "I've booted them now to check everything is working" or "I've
booted them in the past"?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | It's fair enough for a surgeon to refuse to operate on
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | someone who won't stop smoking: you've got to give the