Re: reexecuting prelink

On Tuesday 23 Nov 2004 00:51, William Lovaton wrote:
> Isn't a shame that firefox and openoffice.org couldn't be prelinked due
> to this library paths thing??  I think those programs (specially OOo)
> are the main reasons to use prelink.
>
> I tried to solve this by myself but I realized that, for
> example, /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.3/libgtkembedmoz.so needs libxpcom.so but
> there are two files, one in mozilla and one in firefox:
> /usr/lib/firefox-0.10.1/libxpcom.so
> /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.3/libxpcom.so
>
> If I add the two of them to /etc/ld.so.conf.d, that would generate a
> conflict I guess, or the programs (and prelink) are smart enough to know
> which of them are the right ones??
>
> How can I tell if a given binary or library is currently prelinked?
>
> I'm just looking to see if I can get OOo start even faster.  ;-)

Sort of on topic..(I hope) re the last comment,

OK.. if you want to get OOo to start MUCH faster check this out:

http://segfaultskde.berlios.de/index.php?content=oooqs

It really does work, 3-4 secs for OOo to open..
I build my own RPM's but perhaps one of the "Fedora Extra" sites have this.

HTH

Colin
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.9-ck3
KDE-Redhat-3.3.1-4.1.2.kde