Re: Server Tools Don't Prompt for Root Password

William Hooper wrote:

Randy Chrismon said:
[snip]

I seem to be doing a terrible job of explaining myself. I _did_ misstate
the applications in my question: The System Settings applications off the
main redhat button on the tool bar used to prompt for the root password.
They no longer do so and I'm trying to get that behavior back.
There are console.apps and console.perms files but they do not seem to
address this issue

Yes, they do, they just don't appear to be the issue you are having.

At a terminal, type:

# which system-config-services

And give us the output.

At the console the following text appears:

userhelper must be setuid root

Then the GUI insufficient privileges message box pops up.

Thanks.
Randy