kernel update?

Hi,
I guess fc3 doesn't have ntfs support built into the kernel by
default?  How do I add something like this.  Do I need to recompile
the kernel manually?  I want to add write support as well - this is
stable in kernel 2.6, correct?  Can I do this through yum?  If someone
can just point me to some docs - that's fine, too.  Is there a
definitive site for fedora docs?  I need an intro to yum as far as
setting up yum.conf.
Thanks,
Ben