Re: Kernel panic on first boot in fedora 3

On 11/21/2004 10:06 AM Neil Marjoram wrote:

Can you tell me what kernel version you were using ?

The problem was with the original (667). After I had it working, when the update came through, it worked fine for me without any modifications. I think the problem was that the installer (when updating) messed up modprobe.conf and didn't have some required stuff in it, but that's a mostly uneducated guess.

I have the same problem, but only with kernel version : kernel-2.6.9-1.678_FC3
The original (667) works out of box with no problems and I have a SATA drive installed.

Thanks,

Neil,