To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: Hi from new user!

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:12:21 -0000, J <v6vitanic@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm James Hill, from the UK.

I'm in the process of downloading Fedora, as I have just about given up on
Mandrake, and it's time for something new to grace my Linux partition.

I had serious issues with the last 2 Mandrake realeases, not supporting my
USB ADSL modem. All the software to make it work was on the distro, but for
some reason, it would not connect at all, and despite many postings to the
mailing list, no help or advice was forthcoming, so I just gave up.

Now, the burning question I have is: Does FC2 support the Alcatel/Thomson
Speedtouch USB ADSL modem??

Can somebody please advise me, or at least give me a hint that it does!

Many thanks,

James

Greetings! I don't specifically know that particular modem, but I would bet that FC2 or 3 would support it. I haven't heard of a lot of problems with those types of connections, with ANY of the Fedora's. Not as far as not working goes, anyway. My Scientific Atlanta brand worked like a champ immediately. Welcome to the list.

Marc
[USA]