Re: Hi from new user!

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:12:21 -0000, J <v6vitanic@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm James Hill, from the UK.
>
> I'm in the process of downloading Fedora, as I have just about given up on
> Mandrake, and it's time for something new to grace my Linux partition.
>
> I had serious issues with the last 2 Mandrake realeases, not supporting my
> USB ADSL modem. All the software to make it work was on the distro, but for
> some reason, it would not connect at all, and despite many postings to the
> mailing list, no help or advice was forthcoming, so I just gave up.
>
> Now, the burning question I have is: Does FC2 support the Alcatel/Thomson
> Speedtouch USB ADSL modem??
>
> Can somebody please advise me, or at least give me a hint that it does!
>
> Many thanks,
>
> James
> --

Greetings!  I don't specifically know that particular modem, but I
would bet that FC2 or 3 would support it.  I haven't heard of a lot of
problems with those types of connections, with ANY of the Fedora's.
Not as far as not working goes, anyway.  My Scientific Atlanta brand
worked like a champ immediately.  Welcome to the list.

Marc
[USA]