Re: clamassassin with call to clamav software corrupts mail messages

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 13:19 -0800, Richard E Miles wrote:
> This is a follow up on trying to diagnose why I am getting duplicate mail
> messages. I have turned on verbose in fetchmail call to see if I could see
> something amiss in fetchmail with my mail server. Yesterday when I envoked
> fetchmail via fetchmail -K --verbose I did not experience any duplicate mail
> messages. I perused the log file and everyting looked good. Today when I
> envoked fetchmail via fetchmail -K --verbose I am experiencing duplicate mail
> messages again. I looked at the log file and everything seemed to be normal,
> however after receiving 70 messages it slept for a while. Then it started to
> receive messages again starting with message 1, then 2, etc. Here is an
> excerpt from the log:

Try telling fetchmail to terminate the session after X number of
messages.  Then when it starts the next session those already received
will be gone.

IMAP and POP3 do not actually do a delete on the server when a session
is still in progress.  Having fetchmail terminate the session and start
a new one will trigger the delete on the server for those messages you
already have seen.