Re: clamassassin with call to clamav software corrupts mail messages

Am Sa, den 20.11.2004 schrieb Richard E Miles um 22:19:

> This is a follow up on trying to diagnose why I am getting duplicate mail
> messages. I have turned on verbose in fetchmail call to see if I could see
> something amiss in fetchmail with my mail server. Yesterday when I envoked
> fetchmail via fetchmail -K --verbose I did not experience any duplicate mail
> messages. I perused the log file and everyting looked good. Today when I
> envoked fetchmail via fetchmail -K --verbose I am experiencing duplicate mail
> messages again. I looked at the log file and everything seemed to be normal,
> however after receiving 70 messages it slept for a while. Then it started to
> receive messages again starting with message 1, then 2, etc. Here is an
> excerpt from the log:

Unfortunately you don't paste the part where you see the 'restart' of
the fetch process.

> fetchmail: starting fetchmail 6.2.5 daemon
> fetchmail: 6.2.5 querying mail.comcast.net (protocol POP3) at Sat 20 Nov 2004 11:13:14 AM PST: poll started

[ ... ]

> fetchmail: POP3> STAT
> fetchmail: POP3< +OK 72 715764
> fetchmail: POP3> LAST
> fetchmail: POP3< +OK 0
> fetchmail: 72 messages for r.godzilla at mail.comcast.net (715764 octets).
> fetchmail: POP3> LIST 1
> fetchmail: POP3< +OK 1 1052

message 1

> fetchmail: SMTP< 250 2.0.0 iAKJDI3s004824 Message accepted for
delivery
> fetchmail:  flushed
> fetchmail: POP3> DELE 1
> fetchmail: POP3< +OK

message 1 deleted on the server

> fetchmail: POP3> LIST 2
> fetchmail: POP3< +OK 2 1533

message 2

> fetchmail: POP3> TOP 2 99999999
> fetchmail: POP3< +OK

[ ... ]

> As far as I can determine this dialog looks okay. Strange that it would appear
> that the original messages must not have been erased from my mail server
> causing fetchmail to reread messages starting with 1. This pattern of repeated
> message reception has occures 12 times so far.

And all times you see "DELE message no." and the "flushed" afterwards?

> Does anyone have a clue as to what may be causing this. Any help will be
> appreciated.

> Richard E Miles

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 22:45:26 up 17:32, 16 users, 0.42, 0.30, 0.27