Re: Updates announcements?

On Friday 19 November 2004 10:09 am, James Kosin wrote:
> The main reason for the delay in posting is usually, there is a MAD
> rush for everyone to get the updates when the post comes out.  If all
> the mirrors haven't caught up, you have a lot of people screaming
> about not being able to get the updates.

Very good explanation. The way it is now (the delay between announcement vs
actual posting on main site) we'll get about 1 to 5 posts to this lists
asking questions like the original poster did. If the announcement is made
about the same time the packages are released to the main site (and not all
mirrors are synced) I think we will be receiving 10 to 20 posts asking why
can't they see the new packages on their configured repos. >:)

Jorge