Re: OT: Power Supplies

RoboticGolem wrote:
Does everyone here agree that a 500watt power supply is sufficient
enough for a dual MP 1800 board with 4 hard disks, DVDrom, cdrw,
dvdrw, and plenty of self powered usb hubs?  I'm trying to figure out
whats up with my computer and my next stop is to call an electrician.

-Matt

It could be or could not be. Depends upon the quality of the power supply, the age of the hard disks (older ones seem to be more of a power hog). All power supplies are not equal, some cheapo "500W" supplies start to fade before delivering a full 500W. What problem are you seeing? With all that hardware in the box I might be thinking that heat is your problem unless the box is well ventilated.

Mike