Re: FC3 Installation / Update

Roger Grosswiler wrote:

> Is FC3 also installable via shell?

>From scratch? Not reasonably, no.

> Can i do an update from older versions via shell? If yes, how can i do
> this?

"Sort of".

Fedora itself is "unsupported", in that there's no support contract.

A yum upgrade is "unsupported", in that it's not recommended.

But it can work: see
http://linux.duke.edu/%7Eskvidal/misc/fc1-fc2-yum-hints.txt
for FC1 to FC2.

For FC2 to FC3, see
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-November/msg00309.html

I wouldn't recommend going more than one stable release to the next this
way.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | When I was young I wanted to be a fireman, but I
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | dropped that idea when they explained to me that