imap

In older versions of redhat, I just connected to the imap server and
could see my mail, just as if I were to connect directly to
/var/spool/mail/ptomblin with mutt.  But Fedora Core 3 evidently has a
different imap server, and I can't figure out how to enable it.  I can
log into the imap server, but it tells me that I don't have an INBOX.
Can anybody tell me how to set this up?

I should mention that there are about 8 users on this system, and I
didn't use "useradd" to add them, I just cut and pasted from the
/etc/passwd and /etc/group from RedHat 9.

--
 "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and