slogin dns issue

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help me.

I have bind setup to host our domain (eg. example.com) with two servers on
the network (servera and serverb).

When I try to slogin to serverb using serverb.example.com the response is
quick and works fine, however, if i try using just serverb as the address,
the response is slow.

If I run slogin -v -v serverb it pauses just after:
    debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0

my /etc/resolv.conf is as follows:
    search example.com
    nameserver 192.168.1.20
    nameserver 192.168.1.21

I can ping serverb and serverb.example.com without a problem.  DNS forward
and reverse lookups don't seem to be a problem either.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ben.