IBM xSeries 206 SATA HOSTRAID doesn't work with FC3

Hi!

I tried to install FC3 on an IBM xSeries 206 Server with two SATA harddisks configured as RAID 1. There is one logical volume which covers the whole capacity. The setup does not recognize the logical raid volume, IT RECOVERS THE SINGLE HARDDISKS.
I think, the Kernel has not the right modules for this controller. I think the module is “AAICH”. There are disk-images with a driver module on the IBM website, but only for SuSE 9.0, RH 9.0 and RH Enterprise Linuxes.

I don’t want such crap on my linux box! I want FC3!

Is there anybody which runs a 206 with a raid under FC?

Best regards Marco

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit
Version: AVK 15.0.1077 from 17.11.2004
Virus news: www.antiviruslab.com