problem on fc3 install dell cerc sata raid card/aacraid driver?

Ok, we have a dell poweredge 1800.  If we do fc3 linux
rescue, it sees all the drives as a single raid
container, making /dev/sda correctly display as 220gb.
 I can modify, create, delete, mount, and write to
partitions from there.  On login to linux rescue, it
says "loading aacraid" which seems to be correct.

HOWEVER,
on fc3 actual install, when it gets to partition
portion, it generally fails(but not always) on
accessing/seeing /dev/sda.

help?  Do i need to provide some parameter on booting
the linux install?