Laptop sound strangeness...

Greetings,

I've installed FC3 on a HP/Compaq nx7000 laptop. The "fresh" install went normally. Yum updates went normally. The end result is a KDE3.3.1 desktop with wireless (ipw2100), modem (snd-intel8x0m) and WXGA (1680x1050) display. After putting snd-intel8x0 in /etc/hotplug/blacklist, Sound seemed to work normally. I've been able to "rip" songs from a CD and store them on disk, play them back with xmms, zinf, realplayer, rythmbox, kaboodle, & KPlayer. The "strangeness" is the when I went to simply "play" an audio CD using KsCD. It started fine, and managed to get the correct CDDB information on ablum, artist, track, etc. When i pressed "play" it acted like it was playing, (CD drive was being accessed, time counting on the display, etc) but no sound came out. Checked the volume settings and everything was fine, same as when I was playing music with the other players.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

John
begin:vcard
fn:John Burton
n:Burton;John
org:G&A Technical Software, Inc.
adr;dom:Suite 101;;11864 Canon Blvd.;Newport News;VA;23606
email;internet:j.c.burton@xxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Principal Associate
tel;work:757-873-5920
tel;fax:757-873-5924