Re: what font is used in login window?

I don't recall having any sort of problem like that with FC1. What I'd
try first is, somewhere in the settings in whatever desktop
environment you use (for example, the KDE control center), there's
something about the login screen; try looking there (I can't remember
offhand where it is), or try changing the font settings (also from the
control center/whatever Gnome's equivalent is).