Re: Installing grub for a different computer

    Kevin> Since you were able to mount the partitions when the drive
    Kevin> was installed in the other PC, I thought corruption would
    Kevin> be unlikely.

It seems it was just fstab.

I booted with Tomsrtbt, edited grub.conf, and re-booted.

This time, using grub floppy, I got a menu. Booting procedeed further,
but was unable to mount / as /etc/fstab had it listed for /dev/hdd5.

I edited that, and re-booted again - this time everything works
(booting from a grub floppy).

Booting from the hard disk though still fails with a Hard Disk Error.

So now I think I need to re-install grub on the hard disk. This is
/dev/hda, so I suspect that I can get this done by booting the system
again via the grub floppy, and then simply typing

grub-install /dev/hda

But as I am in no hurry, I thought I'd check with you first. The root
partition is /dev/hda5.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire