Re: How to share a common partition as home

Parameshwara Bhat wrote:

Hello list,

I try different distros of Linux on different partitions from time to time. I want to move all my /home folders to a common partition so that across all distros I can share it by mounting on home. When I implemented it,I faced a problem. users do not get write permission on this partition in spite of specific option to that effect in fstab.

/dev/hdb6 /home ext3 defaults,users,acl,user_xattr 1 2

I get the same error in all distributions. I cannot launch DM in user account as there is no write permission available.

Could somebody point out where is the mistake ?

Do your user accounts have the same UIDs in each distribution?

Paul.