Netgear RP114 Problem

Hello,
   I am having problem installing my new Netgear Rp114 router and I was wondering if someone could give me some direction.  I was able to get my windows xp pc running fine.  This is the first router that I have ever used. I just kind of went through and did the default settings.  It just isn't finding any web sites and I can't ping anything.  Please let me know if you have any ideas or even just list out the steps of how you would maybe do it.  That would be great.
Thanks,

Chris.