Re: [RH9] impossible to mount eth0 under VMware

AlilouLinux wrote:
Hello the list,
I installed Red Hat 9 (the same problem exist within fedora) under Windows
with the assistance of the VMware software.
I encountered a problem: The network card  eth0 does not be mounted.
Whereas when I leave the VMware software (return under Windows), the network
exists.

Is this a correct understanding of your problem:

You installed FC3 as a virtual machine on your Windows system, and when you start that virtual machine, the FC3 installation will not start eth0 to connect to the network?

Your message is a little confusing about "when I leave the VMware software, the network exists".

I dual-boot my laptop with FC3, but also have FC3 available via VMware on my XP system as well, and it works just fine. Be sure that you have 'bridged network' selected when you start your virtual machine.

-id