Re: Problems while upgrading to FC3

   I did what Mostafa suggested by rm -rf .gc* and rm -rf .gn*.
   But it did not work. After logging in to this account which had
   problems I got the same message. Did I remove everything?

   I created a new user and I don't have any problems while
   logging and afterwards.

   Here is a list of gnome related directories in user directory
   which has  problems after I removed .gc* and .gn* directories
   and started gdm.

[root@ml-cvu michall]# ll ~michal/.gn*
/home/michal/.gnome:
total 8
drwxrwxr-x  2 michal michal 4096 Nov 17 14:32 gnome-vfs
drwx------  2 michal michal 4096 Nov 17 14:32 mime-info

/home/michal/.gnome2:
total 12
drwx------  2 michal michal 4096 Nov 17 14:32 accels
drwx------  2 michal michal 4096 Nov 17 14:32 keyrings
drwxr-xr-x  4 michal michal 4096 Nov 17 14:32 share

/home/michal/.gnome2_private:
total 0
[root@ml-cvu michall]# ll ~michal/.gc*
total 40
-rwx------  1 michal michal 40694 Nov 17 14:34 saved_state

 And here is a list of gnome related directories in new user directory

[michall@ml-cvu ~]$ ll .gc*
.gconf:
total 8
drwx------  6 michall michall 4096 Nov 17 14:37 apps
drwx------  3 michall michall 4096 Nov 17 13:22 desktop

.gconfd:
total 48
-rwx------  1 michall michall 48908 Nov 17 14:50 saved_state

[root@ml-cvu michall]# ll .gn*
.gnome:
total 8
drwxrwxr-x  2 michall michall 4096 Nov 17 13:22 gnome-vfs
drwx------  2 michall michall 4096 Nov 17 13:22 mime-info

.gnome2:
total 24
drwx------  2 michall michall 4096 Nov 17 13:22 accels
-rw-rw-r--  1 michall michall   39 Nov 17 14:49 gedit-2
drwx------  2 michall michall 4096 Nov 17 13:22 keyrings
drwxrwxr--  2 michall michall 4096 Nov 17 13:22 nautilus-scripts
drwx------  3 michall michall 4096 Nov 17 13:22 panel2.d
drwxr-xr-x  4 michall michall 4096 Nov 17 13:22 share

.gnome2_private:
total 0

So, there is a discrepancy between these two lists.

One solution which is not very elegant is to back up files
of the user with problems, remove this user, and create this
user again.

  Any better solutions are appreciated.

   Michal