Re: [akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx: Re: squirrelmail help. one more time.

Warren Togami said:
> akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>> Eh?  dovecot is the default IMAP server, and should work very easily
>>> with dovecot + squirrelmail RPMS as shipped in FC3.
>>>
>>> Warren
>>>

>> Both dovecot and imap rpms are supplied in FC1. Which is the default
>> who knows. But dovecot was not installed by default on my machine.
>> dovecoat did not work for me with squirrelmail and imap did without any
>> configuration. So I am using imap.
>
> imap has been unsupported and not included in the distribution since RH9,

Aaron is correct:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/imap-2002d-3.i386.rpm

And imap (well, uw-imap, which is the RH imap package) was the standard if
you chose imap in FC1.

That said, it was removed in FC2, replaced by dovecot, which many people
have working fine with SM.

Of course I'm a hypocrite and using uw-imap, but that's because my IMAP
server is on RHEL, has just one user, and isn't externally accessible.

--
William Hooper