Re: Fwd: USB Sound in FC3

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 08:29, Peter Hutnick wrote:
> I wiped the drive and reinstalled, out of concern that it was an
> upgrade issue.  I didn't install the SELinux extensions this
> time.
>
> The problem persists.
>
> -Peter

Peter,

I tried my Xitel Inport (A simple USB Audio input device) last night
and when I plugged it in, the /dev/snd/ directory was populated
with:

crw-------  1 mklinke root 116, 56 Nov 16 10:48 pcmC1D0c
crw-------  1 mklinke root 116, 48 Nov 16 10:48 pcmC1D0p

so the hotplug infrastructure seems to be working.  A simple test
using variations of:

arecord -Dplug:hw:1 | aplay -Dplug:hw:0

allowed me to listen and record audio.  While this won't help with
your particular hardware it does indicate that the general USB
audio system is working, at least for my simple equipment.

Regards, Mike Klinke