Re: Stand-By

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:23:03 +0900, Mark Sargent
<powderkeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> does Fedora 2 have this option, like Windows..? Nothing mentioned in my
> book. Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.
>
> --

Do you want the monitor to go into 'sleep' whle you are not using it?
That's a hardware thing you can probably set in the bios.  FC supports
several types of power save features depending on what kind of machine
we are talking about.  There's at least two, APM and the one for
laptops I believe, will doublecheck when I get home....

If you want the situation where the computer is quiet until you move a
mouse, check the screensaver options.  I think there is a feature in
with them (not on a linux box or I would check).   If that doesn't fix
it, let us know a few more details of your setup.

Marc