Re: Yum problem after update on FC-3

On Monday 15 November 2004 17:15, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> > How exactly does one "run rawhide"?
> > Or how does one tell that one _is_ "running rawhide"?
> > I simply upgraded from FC-3 test3 to FC-3.
> > Is this "running rawhide"?

> I feel William explained it already. But here is my parallel answer: you
> are using yum and have a repository enabled which contains the
> development tree packages. development is called rawhide. So you are
> getting packages which often do not "harmonize" together - simply
> because things are under development. Mostly only near time of a code
> freeze the development / rawhide tree will be "good working".
> You are now not running FC3 but are beyond that state. Have fun to
> revert the package updates which are not for a stable system ;/

How are you so sure what I am doing?

In fact, I haven't changed the enabled line
in any of the files in /etc/yum.repos.d/ -
they are exactly as they were after I upgraded to FC-3,
namely fedora.repo and fedora-updates.repo have enabled=1
and the other twoi have enabled=0.

To repeat, all I did was upgrade from FC3-test3 to FC3,
and run "yum upgrade".
This caused 209 rpms to be downloaded,
including updates of yum and python.

So yum worked before this, and didn't work afterwards.

As a matter of interest, did you run "yum upgrade"
after installing or upgrading to FC-3?
If so, how many rpms, roughly, did you download?
And did they include newer versions of yum and python?
(I get a record in /var/log/yum.log.)
If so, what were these versions?

--
Timothy Murphy