Re: Monitor power management

Shane Presley wrote:
Thanks Rafiq,

There was a reference to DPMS in my xorg.conf file.  I removed it and
rebooted, problem still happens.

Any other ideas where this monitor shut-off might be coming from?

Shane

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:14:07 -0000, rafiq_maniar@xxxxxxxx <rafiq_maniar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Try removing any reference to "DPMS" in your xorg.conf file.

The Preferences GUI should be doing that already, but sometimes it says
its doing one thing and does another...

Regards,
Rafiq

Possibly setterm preferences? I know I had to change mine to get proper power off.

-- Robin Laing