FC3/xine problem

I got xine working once in FC3 yesterday. I don't know if something I subsequently installed caused problems, but it will no longer work. It opens and automatically closes. This is the error message I get:

This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.2.
(c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
main: all available video drivers failed.

I googled and found extremely vague information, some of which dates back 2 years. The troubleshooting FAQs on the xine website doesn't even mention this error. I've tried installing several versions, including those from freshrpms and rpm.livna.org, but to no avail. Yes, I'm quite green with Linux, but I would appreciate it if somebody could give me a hint or push in the right direction. I was up until 2 am installing FC3 with this being the only glitch thus far.

Thanks!

Gary