Re: Grub - strange!

> Message: 12
> Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:51:00 +0100
> From: Stefan Gsundbrunn <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Grub - strange!
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Unbelievable for me:
>
> As I liked to send Mustafa my grub.conf I accidentely deleted it. But:
> my systems still starts! And it was really set up with grub. But now I
> cannot do any changes - does anybody know what causes this strange
> behavior? I dont have any grub.conf in my /etc/. How can it be
> restored?

On my system, /etc/grub.conf is a symbolic link to /boot/grub/grub.conf

So you probably deleted the symbolic link, and not the actual file.

Try creating a new symbolic link with the 'ln' command.  If your system
is like mine,

cd /etc
ln -s /boot/grub/grub.conf

should do the job you want. ln is the 'link' command and 'man ln' will
explain what this is doing.

Erik