FC3: snd-intel8x0m, modprobe.conf, /etc/hotplug/blacklist

Hi folks,

Interesting little problem I have here. Previously in FC2, I have
added the line:

install snd-intel8x0m /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0m &&
/usr/local/sbin/slmodemd --alsa --country=PHILIPPINES --perm=0666
modem:1 >/dev/null 2>&1 &

in /etc/modprobe.conf so that upon loading of my modem's alsa driver,
it would also load the slmodemd binary.

Now, I've noticed that in FC3, this driver (snd-intel8x0m) gets loaded
automatically. I had placed it in /etc/hotplud/blacklist so that it
doesn't get loaded by hotplug automatically, hoping that the setting
in my modprobe.conf gets used instead. Well that doesn't seem to work
as upon booting up, snd-intel8x0m doesn't get loaded. I can manually
load it, and the slmodemd also gets loaded.

My question is... since I obviously can't seem to blacklist
snd-intel8x0m and have it work from modprobe.conf at the same time...
is there any place in hotplug or wherever else that I can specify that
it load slmodemd upon loading the snd-intel8x0m module?

By the way, this is on an IBM Thinkpad T30 (2366-81A) laptop. Running FC3.