Re: FC3 boot problem

Justin Georgeson yazmış:

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:14:22 +0200, Mustafa Orkun
<moblinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well people.can't anyone really help me?
i have posted the problem several times.but no one has replied.
my problem is after installing FC3 (and could achieve the mediacheck
with the "linux ide=nodma" command) GRUB failed to boot.and after i
rewrote the mbr with WinXp cd.and can now use Xp.

what happens when you try to boot linux?

my grub.conf file is like that:

that looked pretty standard to me.

well,i don't really remember what exactly was written,but there were one or two lines, no graphical interface and some version what can't i remember(it was 2 i think and then became 1.5 after i rewrote GRUB with the rescue cd) and it freezed.after i could reach xp,partition magic refused to open complaining about partition tables.(sorry i retried opening while writing this mail and it opened)Well i don't want to use any other programs rather than grub and could boot with it while using FC2.anyway i will try to install grub again and will see if everything goes well.if not,i will post again here.
thanks for all replies and for your interest..