Re: nvidia fedora 3

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, mike wrote:

> I noticed the kernel source rpm is gone in fedora 3. Does anybody know
> how to install nvidia driver without kernel source or some good docs on
> how to build kernel using src.rpm i have never done it before.
> thanks for any help

Download the driver from nvidia and run the program.  It does not need the
source.  There are good reasons to have it (like getting cardbus to work
on an hp zv5000z) but this is not one of them.

You will want the next to last version of the driver.  The latest version
does not work on Fedora Core 3.  (Or at least not on my system.)

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.