Re: FC3 - no video

Bryan White wrote:
> I just tried installing FC3.  DVD Media check passed.  After hardware
> detection correctly lists my ATI Radeon 7500 All in Wonder and Viewsonic
> VX900 19" LCD panel I get a blank screen (actually my LCD monitor
> displays an "Out of Range" error message).  The installer has apparently
> gone into a graphics mode that the LCD panel does not understand.
>
> If I boot the install disk with 'linux nofb' it does the same thing.
>
> If I boot with linux text I can do a text mode install.  Then when it
> tries to boot the installed operating system I get the 'Out of Range' error.

At the grub menu, press "e", and add " 3" (including the space) to the
kernel command line (which either starts "kernel" or "linux" -- I can
never remember).

This then should get you into Fedora. Run
system-config-display --reconfig
as root, and see if you can get X working.

Run startx (as a normal user, please) and check that it's working.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Dalek invasion at work today. I plugged them into the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | net: they behave better than some Windows boxes. They